The map ID you have entered does not exist. Please enter a map ID that exists.
Van der Valk Hotel Middelburg
4337 WH Middelburg+31(0) 118 44 25 25
It is the responsibility of NORA participants to arrange their own travel, accommodation and – if need be – insurance.
Travelling to Middelburg
By train, air and car:
Participants arriving at Amsterdam, Antwerp or Brussels (airport or station) can best travel by train to Middelburg. It is advised to book train tickets in advance, e.g., by using the app ‘Trainline’. Buying tickets at the station is possible, in ticket vending machines, in Belgium as well as in the Netherlands. But it is more complicated.
We will organize a shuttle service from Middelburg station to the hotel, since the hotel is located at several km distance from the station. Assistants at the station will guide participants to the shuttle departure point, furthermore we will provide a map in due time.
The shuttle from the Middelburg train station to the Van der Valk Hotel conference venue will run:
- 23-11: 08:00 – 22:00 hours (to be decided, depending on programme items in the evening)
- 24-11 and 25-11: 08:00 – 19:00 hours
Antwerp to Middelburg by train
every 20 min. after the hour to Roosendaal station and there change for the train to Middelburg/Vlissingen. Duration: 2 hours, 11 min.
From Amsterdam Central Station
there is a direct ‘regular’ train to Middelburg (final station indicated: Vlissingen), departing approx. 4 and 34 min. after the hour and travel duration is ca. 3 hours.
From Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol) there are 2 options:
- The Intercity Direct (supplement ticket required) to Rotterdam Central and switch there for the regular train to Middelburg/Vlissingen: it departs approx. 40 min. after the hour and duration is 2.21 hours.
- The regular train to Leiden and switching there for the regular train to Middelburg/Vlissingen: it departs approx. 57 min. after the hour (and sometimes also 27 min. after the hour) and duration is 2.34 hours.
From Brussels Central Station there are 2 options, taking ca. 3 hours:
- Ca. 25 min. after the hour: take the train to Essen (B), there switch for Roosendaal and at Roosendaal switch for Middelburg/Vlissingen
- Ca. 50 min. after the hour: take the train to Breda there switch for Roosendaal and then again switch for Middelburg/Vlissingen
From Brussels Airport (Zaventem) there are 2 options, both taking ca. 3 hours:
- 11 min. after the hour: take the train to Breda, there switch for Roosendaal and at Roosendaal switch for Middelburg/Vlissingen
- 41 min. after the hour: take the train to Antwerp, there switch for Roosendaal and there again for Middelburg/Vlissingen
Travelling by car:
See www.valkmiddelburg.nl for route and parking information.
Accommodation is possible in the Van der Valk Hotel Middelburg, the Conference. The Organizing Committee blocked a contingent of rooms, on a first come, first served basis.
For a room reservation in the Van der Valk Hotel during the NORA 4 conference of 23-25 November 2021, please use this link: www.valkmiddelburg.nl/nora-iv-conference and insert the code ‘nora’ when prompted.
Aside from the Van der Valk Hotel, you can choose between some other hotels in Middelburg. The train station is at walking distance to the centre of Middelburg, so that – logistically – participants can also book a hotel there. Please check the common websites like booking.com or similar.